Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Here is the beginning of my newest op-ed:
Capital punishment clearly increases the risk to criminals of engaging in various crimes, especially murder. But does this increased risk affect criminals’ behavior? Last week the academic debate erupted in the media with an Associated Press article headlined "Studies: Death Penalty Discourages Crime,” but even this recognition downplays the general consensus on the findings. . . .
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
My commentary on a broad array of economics and crime related issues.
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Affiliated Websites
- Reviewing Critical Readers' Responses to My Op-ed ...
- Yet more reviews of Freedomnomics
- Op-ed in tomorrow's OpinionJournal.com
- Audio from interview Dennis Miller Radio Show
- Only about 7 percent of private sector workers are...
- Online discussions that I am having regarding Free...
- Another Review of Freedomnomics
- Interview on CBN
- University Cancels Final Exams Because of Bomb Thr...
- Bizarre Government Regulation: Dems going after on...
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)
More Books of Mine