Saturday, August 11, 2007

Freedomnomics on C-SPAN this Weekend

This Sunday, August 12, at 11:00 AM EDT; Sunday, August 12, at midnight EDT; and Saturday, August 18, at 7:00 PM EDT C-SPAN 2's Booknotes will have a presentation on my new book. The discussion each time will last an hour.

My appearance on CSPAN 2's Booknotes seems to have engendered some reaction:

On the positive side you can find this: "I almost forgot to mention that John will discuss his terrific book, Freedomnomics, on C-SPAN at 11:00 am EDT. The interview repeats at midnight and the booktv site has the full schedule for subsequent replays.

Go see it, the book is wonderfully ingenious, clearly written, and the balance of evidence and analysis makes John one of the formidable economists in the public policy arena."


On the negative side you can find this: "John Lott is scary. He's on CSPAN2 right now, giving talk on his book. What's scary about the guy is that he has no concept of the idea that human beings might be less than rational in the way they go about making life decisions. He really thinks everybody is hyper-rational. And, he's the chief economist for the US Sentencing Committee." I did put in a reply to his post on his website. I should also mention that I am no longer chief economist at the United States Sentencing Commission.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Gary Carson said...

For some reason your post corresponding to this on your other website has been changed to remove the comments and links related to me. Also, the comment I submitted correcting your claim about my name-calling response doesn't show up.

What's the deal?

Anyway, I hadn't read your comment on my blog until last night and, as you know, I made a post responding to it last night.

I'll be posting more on the topic under this tag.

I appreciate your comments on my thoughts.

August 21, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home